Sunday, May 5, 2013

A New Beginning

This post is to simply be the mark the first step...I guess. Join me in my less-than-adventurous life in trying to figure out this whole game development thing! To start a quick recap.

I've would say I started learning game development in late 2009 when I was hired at University of Cincinnati Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (called UC Second Life at the time). There I've helped make various 3D environments and simulations using Second Life. Recently, however, we have moved to using Unity as our engine. We've just finished a cardiac simulation for fourth year medical students and currently working on other simulations and games.

In my spare time I dabble with a few 3D modeling and game development programs. Mainly Maya, Blender, Zbrush, and Unity. I'm attempting to expand my horizons by teaching myself some programming. I usually find random tutorials but I usually follow along with Cooking With Unity and Codeacademy. From time to time I mess around with virtual/augmented reality although I haven't made much progress in that area.

For now I'll just try and remember that I have a blog and should attempt to update it at least semi-regularly. Good luck, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment