Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Low Poly Project

I've always really liked the low poly art style of modeling. I have finally decided to try my hand in it. I found that the modeling process isn't hard but laying out the UVs were the most difficult. Due to the random triangulation of the geometry there are no edge loops or anything to help unwrap the model. However, I eventually came up with a step-by-step process that solved that issue. It seems like a no-brainier in hindsight but all you really need to do is unwrap the model before triangulating it.

I set up a little scene inside Unity to see what it would look like in a game. It looks pretty good. The only thing I wish I had was a pro version of Unity so I could use global illumination to make the models blend into the environment better. Other than that, it was a really fun experiment. Hopefully, I can do more low poly modeling in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment